The TECRES SPACER G / VANCOGENX® SPACER HIP is designed for partial weight bearing, having a load bearing structure in stainless steel coated with antibiotic bone cement  and offering a prolonged antibiotic elution profile [2,3].
The TECRES SPACER G / VANCOGENX SPACER HIP preformed antibiotic loaded spacer is available with either gentamicin or the synergistic  combination of gentamicin and vancomycin.
- Ready to use device
- Maintenance of joint space and mobilisation
- Efective in situ release of antibiotic
- Deambulation with partial weight-bearing
- Facilitation of definitive re-implant surgery
- Standardized mechanical performance
- Reduction of functional recovery time after the two stage procedure
- Spacer-G: loaded with Gentamicin (3 sizes of head with long stem and 3 sizes of head with short stem)
- Spacer-G Flat Stem: loaded with Gentamicin with flat stem designed to preserve the greater trochanter (3 sizes of head with long stem and 3 sizes of head with short stem)
- Vancogenx-Spacer: preformed spacer loaded with Vancomycin + Gentamicin (3 sizes of head with long stem and 3 sizes of head with short stem)
- Vancogenx-Spacer Flat Stem: loaded with Vancomycin + Gentamicin with flat stem designed to preserve the greater trochanter (3 sizes of head with long stem and 3 sizes of head with short stem)
 Bertazzoni Minelli E, Della Bora T, Benini A. Different microbial biofilm formation on polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) bone cement loaded with gentamicin and vancomycin. Anaerobe. 2011 Dec;17(6):380-3. doi: 10.1016/j.anaerobe.2011.03.013. Epub 2011 Apr 16.
 Bertazzoni Minelli E, Benini A, Magnan B, Bartolozzi P. Release of gentamicin and vancomycin from temporary human hip spacers in two-stage revision of infected arthroplasty. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004 Feb;53(2):329-34. Epub 2003 Dec 19.
 Bertazzoni Minelli E, Benini A, Samaila E, Bondi M, Magnan B. Antimicrobial activity of gentamicin and vancomycin combination in joint fluids after antibiotic-loaded cement spacer implantation in two-stage revision surgery. J Chemother. 2014 Jan 20:1973947813Y0000000157.
 Logoluso, N & Champlon, C & Melegati, G & Dell’Oro, F & Romano, C. Gait analysis in patients with a preformed articulated knee spacer. The Knee. 2011 May;19(4): 370-2. doi: 10.1016/j.knee.2011.04.002.
VANCOGENX is a registered trademark of Tecres SpA
Contact us for more information as some products may have selected regional availability
Related productsAll products
In Vivo Surgical Light KLARO is a deep-cavity surgical LED lighting device for open surgery use. It is discreet, easy to use and provides bright, uniform and localised “flood-lighting” from within the surgical site. KLARO maintains a safe and cool working temperature suited for use inside the human body regardless of the luminous intensity selected.Read more
Our single-use high pressure Pulsed Lavage system effectively cleans bone and removes debris during total joint procedures, increasing cement penetration into the cancellous bone for potentially stronger implant fixation and reduced revision rates. It is also an effective mechanical debridement system for cleaning wounds, removing dirt, necrotic tissue and debris. Tip Locking Mechanism Lightweight, ergonomic … ContinuedRead more